Our new Palo Santo Face Oil is a powerhouse all-in-one moisturizer designed for your daily morning ritual. Part of our launch lineup of grooming goods, this oil can acts as a light, daily face moisturizer.
Even more impressive, it does all of that with only six ingredients — all naturally derived from plants.
The lightweight mix of premium oils in Palo Santo Face Oil absorbs quickly to keep skin and hair healthy and moisturized all day long. No chemicals needed.
So What's In It?
- Sweet Almond Oil: (EWG Skin Deep® Score: 1) Lightweight and full of vitamins A, E, and B, sweet almond oil provides a healthy dose of nutrients for your skin without clogging pores. It also acts as a natural defense against UV ray damage.
- Apricot Kernel Oil: (EWG Skin Deep® Score: 1) Packed with vitamins A and E, along with gamma-linoleic acid (GLA), an omega-6 fatty acid crucial for balanced skin chemistry, apricot kernel oil is a powerful anti-aging ingredient.
- Black Currant Seed Oil: (EWG Skin Deep® Score: 1) Ideal for restoring damaged skin, black currant (or "blackcurrant") seed oil is a powerful reparative ingredient. It's even used as a natural way to treat eczema.
- Tamanu Oil: (EWG Skin Deep® Score: 1) Made using the seeds of the tamanu tree, a tropical flowering tree found from the South Pacific to Eastern Africa, tamanu oil is naturally anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-microbial, anti-fungal, and anti-oxidant. Its healing properties also make it a natural treatment for acne, eczema, scarring, sun damage, and more.
- Palo Santo Essential Oil: (EWG Skin Deep® Score: 1) Due to its powerful scent, wood from the palo santo tree (Spanish for "holy wood") has been used in rituals by South American shamans for centuries. Its oil also has strong anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties for healthy-looking skin. We only source palo santo oil obtained from fallen branches and trees, never from clear cut forests.
- Tea Tree Essential Oil: (EWG Skin Deep® Score: 1) Anti-bacterial and anti-microbial, tea tree oil is another great smelling essential oil that is used to naturally treat acne and control oil production.
What's Not In It?
Unlike most big name moisturizers, our ingredients list is incredibly short and easy to understand. We've left out the long lists of chemicals and synthetic ingredients commonly found in grooming products.
- Synthetic fragrance: The word "fragrance", found in ingredients lists on almost all big name grooming products, is used by the industry as a catch-all for chemical cocktails used to simulate natural scents. The Environmental Working Group warns that synthetic fragrance mixes have been associated with allergies, dermatitis, respiratory distress and potential effects on the human reproductive system. We use only natural essential oils to scent our products.
- Parabens: Parabens are a class of chemicals used as cheap preservatives in cosmetics, food, and industrial products. Despite their ubiquity in most grooming and skincare products, experts have warned that parabens can act as a synthetic estrogen and disrupt normal hormone function. A University of Michigan study even found that the common ingredient butylparaben may damage DNA in men's sperm.
- Unnecessary chemicals: Due to lax regulation, grooming and cosmetics companies are allowed to use thousands of chemical ingredients that have limited to no safety data. We prefer to stick with what we know is safe. Even if certain chemicals aren't harmful to humans, they can have disastrous effects on the environment when they get poured down the drain or wash off in the ocean.